Pages

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Before


The high area between the tree and the picnic table is where we are going to till our garden.  As you can see, we should have plenty of runoff to keep everything well watered.  I am very excited to try my hand at some new  veggies this year.  Last season, I  grew green beans, wax beans and basil in buckets out on the picnic table.  I had fairly good luck with the yield.  I just have enough basil in the freezer to get  me  through another few batches of tomato sauce or chicken soup.  I am praying for help in growing beans, zucchini, radishes, peppers, beets, carrots, celery, broccoli, brussels sprouts, tomatoes, cantaloupe, corn, cucumbers, and about ten different herbs.  Yes, I know I haven't the room for all of these, but it would be nice to just have a little of everything.  I am always overly enthusiastic when I start a  new project and I am sure when the ground is tilled my list will shorten up quite a bit.  Just a few more days and the work will begin. I can't wait to post an "in progress" picture.     

No comments: