Pages

Sunday, July 10, 2011

July Projects and More Garden

The weather has been so beautiful, I have had to force myself to stay indoors and sew.  I cleaned out the back corner of a closet and found around 30 of DH's T-shirts in multiple shades of gray and navy, some were old paint splattered ones, some looked new but the wrong size.  I could not bring myself to just toss them, and there are more than enough rags in the garage.  What to do, what to do?  BAGS!!!  I am a bag addict and what better way to get my fix...LOL!


I made some into laundry bags for the kids next door to take to camp, and some are in the trunk of the car as shopping bags. 

DD liked them so much, she wanted one out of a top that she loves but was too small for her to squeeze into anymore.

I love the pockets and key loop I put on this one.  It is now my favorite bag, this week...LOL!


This old pair of cargo pants will be a purse for DD.  The side pockets will be great inside.  She picked the fabric for the lining out of the remnant bin.  She loves finding good scraps!

I found these tablecloths on clearance for 3 bucks each. They will become table and bench covers for our picnic table. You can kind of see it is a bit weathered in the lower picture.  This is faster and less painful than sanding the whole thing.


Now, the garden update!  We tilled another 12 feet to the blueberry bushes because I found some more seeds. 

Lettuce, baby carrots, more beans, brussels sprouts, purple cauliflower, and broccoli went in the ground because I have no place to indoor sow them.




The table I had seedling trays on during the spring is full of guitars being restrung. This is one wall in the dining room, I have 3 more walls that look like this throughout the house. Between DH, DD, her friends, some of the neighborhood kids and a couple of neighbors, they all get played along with a few keyboards and a ukulele.  If I let them, these people would have a drum set in the living room...LOL! 

Well, this was a quick look at how my summer is shaping up.

How is your summer coming along?






3 comments:

The Sunflower Patch said...

You have been very busy! Love your garden,actually am kind of jealous too. If I planted seeds now they would never have time to produce before the frost got them :(
One can never have enough bags :)

Jen Price said...

What a great way to recycle t-shirts! My husband would love a room with all those guitars. Happy summer to you!

Kelly @ Vintage Fabric Studio said...

All great ideas! The bags from shirts is so cool, a great up-cycle and functional! The garden is growing, literally! You'll have a wonderful late season harvest...does Ohio not get that early frost? I need to do the same and get my fall veggie seeds in the ground...thanks for the reminder ;) Thanks for linking up with Eat, Grow, Sew...and for the plug!